(Spokesperson, Operations, Email, Insurance, Non-Profit status, Constitution, Honorariums, Certifications, Sanctioning, Registrations, Conferences, Clinics, Camps, Training & Bookings)
* 30+ years’ experience in cheerleading.
* President of the Manitoba Association of Cheerleading (MAC), since 2002.
* Volunteer Executive Board member with MAC for 25+ years. (Event Production, By Laws, Rules and Regulations, Safety, Judges Certification, Score Sheets, Media and Production and Fundraising).
* UPA Cheer and Dance, Regional Director.
* Founding Executive Board Member with Cheer Canada Inc. (C.C.I.)- one of the inaugural attendees. Additionally worked on C.C.I. Committees for Governance, Rules, Safety and Judging.
* 2017-Present: ICU Red Medallion Judges Certification
* Previously USASF Certified Level 3.
* Co-wrote a coaching manual based upon the National Coaching Certification Program (N.C.CP.) and American Association of Cheerleading Coaches & Administrators (A.A.C.C.A.), for a training and certification program for Manitoba coaches.
* Worked with Sport Manitoba to accept cheerleading as a sport in their legislation in 2008. Continuously working to have the Manitoba Cheer Governing Body recognized.
* 2014-Present: ICU World School Cheerleading Championships- MB team Assistant
* Assisted with Montreal Nationals.
* Continuing with the fourth year of assisting teams at High School Worlds in Florida.
* Worked collaboratively with the International Cheer Union (I.C.U.) to secure a Partial-Paid Bid, and an At-Large bid to the High School World Cheerleading Championship (H.S.W.C.C.) in Florida, for the past 5 years.
* Secured an Open Worlds Bid for the athletes in Manitoba, pending an increase in competition team attendance.
* Inaugural member with U.S.A.S.F., working closely with certification to ensure credentialing is administered and upheld.
* Organized the Cheer Team and Performance for the 1999 Pan Am Games in Winnipeg.
* Supporter of the Respect in Sport and Heads-Up Concussion program since its inception in Manitoba.
* Previous judging experience in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario.
* Works closely with School Division Board Offices and Physical Education Coordinators to build cheer programs, and assist with annual sports meetings and planning.
* Long term supporter of Open, All-Star and Recreational Teams.
* Coached Westwood Collegiate High School Cheer, 20 years.
* Former Member of the Blue Bomber Lightning Cheer team (professional football).
* Former Co-Captain of Winnipeg Thunder High Performance Cheer and Dance Team (professional basketball).
* Former High school cheerleader for Westwood Collegiate.
* 10 years’ experience in Financial Services and Human Resources at the University of Manitoba.
* Previous Owner-Operator of a National Corporate Retail Business (Shell).
* Experience with major corporate mergers, inclusive of financial, legal and accounting documents.
* Board Member and Volunteer Soccer Coach and Convener for a local community club (Deer Lodge C.C).
* Volunteer facility rental chair for the Deer Lodge Community Club (Responsible for hall rental, coordination of volunteer community groups, fee collection and maintenance).
* Former Mrs. Canada United Nations 2002 (a pageant based on community volunteerism).
* Executive Assistant for Manitoba Harvest, overseeing Vice-President Operations, VP Marketing, VP Sales, CFO and daily plant operations. Responsible for Human Resources and Payroll.
* Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba, Major in English. After-Degree in Geography and Math.
(Operations, Email, Certifications, Sanctioning, Registrations, Conferences, Camps, Clinics, Training, Recruiting, Databases, Scoresheets/Resources, Appeals, Spotters, Skills Team, Marketing, Social Media, Meeting Minutes, Website & Programs)
* Began Cheerleading in 1992, and Coaching in 1999
* 8 years dance experience
* 2018: Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders- Sport Manitoba
* 2018: Make Ethical Decisions- NCCP, Coaching Association of Canada
* 2018: Teachers Class- Dance Manitoba: Decidedly Jazz Danceworks Workshop
* 2018-Present: Acrobatic Arts, Certified Instructor- Module 1
* 2017-Present: Manitoba Association of Dance Educators (MADE)- Member
* 2017-Present: ICU Black Medallion Coaches Certification in Building Skills and Tumbling- Level 1-6 (Premier)
* 2017-Present: ICU Red Medallion Judges Certification
* 2016-Present: ICU World School Cheerleading Championships- MB team Assistant
* 2015-Present: City of Winnipeg, Leisure Guide Cheer, Coed, L1- Coach
* 2012-Present: M.A.C. Competition Routine Judge (2016-Present: Head Judge)
* 2007-Present: Wolves Elite Stunt, Coed, L6- Program Director, Coach and Athlete
* 2003-Present: M.A.C. Skills Team Demonstrator and Athlete
* 2003-Present: Emergency First Aid, C.P.R. “C” & AED FA1 Certification
* 2012-2017: USASF Coaching Certification in Tumbling, Stunts and Tosses- Level 5 (Elite)
* 2003-2016: M.A.C. Member at Large
* 2011-2012: Outlaws Stunt Team, Coed, L6- Assistant and Athlete
* 2008-2009: Central Cheer Green Jackets, All-Girl, L6- Athlete
* 2006: Stiz Pro Cheer and Stunt Team, Vancouver, Coed, L6- Athlete
* 2003-2006: University of Manitoba Cheer Team, Coed, L6- Captain, Administrator & Athlete
* 2005: Dakota Collegiate (High School)- Co-Coach
* 1999-2003: Ness Junior High- Co-Coach
* 1999: Pan Am Cheerleading Team, Coed- Athlete
* 1997-1999: Silver Heights Collegiate (High School)- Athlete
* 1992-1995: Brooklands Junior High- Athlete
* 12 Years Marketing and Promotional Experience with International Companies
* Speaks Basic French
* Teacher- St. James-Assiniboia Division, and formerly Prairie Rose School Division
* Bachelor of Education and Bachelor of Arts- Advanced English Major, Psychology Minor
(Databases, Communications, Email, Meeting Minutes, Posters, Programs, Training, Recruiting, Booking, Sponsors, Scoresheets/Resources, Networking & Research)
(Accounts Payable & Receivable)
Marcel Joaquin, Registered Accountant
SAFETY, DEDUCTIONS, JUDGING & LEGALITIES
(Rules, Scoresheets, Judging & Stunt Camp)
* Cheerleading Judge, Choreographer, Coach & Athlete
* 2014-Present- Owner/Choreographer/Head Coach of North Dakota Elite
* Former UCA Instructor (2005+)
* 2012-2013– Head Cheer Coach at the University of North Dakota
* Helped Coach Fargo South High School to their first Fall State Championship
* Former Cheer Coach at West Fargo High School (2010+)
* 2009– MCA Partner Stunt Champion
* 2003-2008– NDSU Bison Cheerleader
* USASF Credentialed Levels 1-4
EVENT & PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
(Research, Booking, Supplies, Sponsors & Delivery/Set-up/Tear-down)
MEDIA COORDINATOR & FUNDRAISING DIRECTOR
(Event Photography, Social Media, Industry Research & Editorials, Inquire & Compose Fundraising Opportunities for Members)
(Research, Inquire & Compose for Members)
(Committees, Events & Assistance)
- Charwin Dahl – Western Canada
- Deborah Allan – North-Western Ontario
- Jackie Monteith – Northern Manitoba
- Kelly-Anne Reyes- Southern Manitoba
- Leah Henrichs- Eastern Manitoba